Saturday, September 8, 2012

Review - My Dear Sophy by Kimberly Truesdale

RATING
Story - 9.5/10
Characters - 9.5/10
Overall - 9.5/10

A book about Sophy and Admiral Croft?! Yes please!!! This book was so romantic. It is on the shorter side and I was so disappointed that it ended!

The Story:
The story begins with Sophy Wentworth living her predictable mundane life chasing after her younger brother's Edward and Frederick. Living in a small town affords very few opportunities to meet potential suitors. She has watched many eligible men move on from her small town or marry someone else and she begins to come to terms with the fact that she might never marry. Enter Mr. Joshua Holingsford. Wait what about Captain Croft? Well that my dear friends is the fun in the story and I would not want to ruin it for you. Suffice to say Captain Croft had his work ahead of him :) Of course we all know how it ends even before it began but there were delightful twists and turns and as much as I wanted to dislike Mr. Holingsford I found him to be a delightful character.

Characters:
The characters are amazingly true to form... at least how I always pictured them being. Frederick was the troublesome youth that I expected him to be and Sophy was the pillar of strength for her family. Captain Croft was every bit as intriguing as you would expect a man who has sailed to far off countries to be. I loved the interactions between the characters and the scenes of Sophy with Captain Croft are incredibly romantic.

Overall:
This book has become a fast favorite of mine. I am not a prude but there is something beautiful about a book that can convey romance and love without having to include scenes of a sexual nature. This book was well written, had convincing characters and was very romantic. I highly recommend this book! According to the back of the book Sophy and Captain Croft's future adventures will be coming soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, thank you so much for such a lovely review! I can't tell you what it means (a heck of a lot!) when people love the characters so much. I'm researching a ton of stuff so that I can work on book #2 soon!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete